Sunday, August 31, 2008

Sand Tag # 1


The Story Behind The Painting
– Sand Tag # 1 - It has been a life-long dream of mine to paint. Sand Tag 1 and 2 come from a chapter of my past., where I used to play a lot on the beaches of Victoria’s Gonzales Bay as well as Courtenay’s Bates Beach.

I
have only recently realized how my past had impacted my present related to my drawing practices. I used to create large mazes on the sandy beaches using a long stick as a drawing tool in the sand.
I would draw a maze so that as kids we could play a game of team tag where we ran in the drawn maze or puzzle and had to avoid the dead ends and confusion. I still love it and will continue to play sand tag with my children and their family. Sand Tag Patterns available on request! Often my canvas becomes a safe place to play “Sand Tag”!

1 comment:

commonage said...

Lynn, the spider is reminiscent of your early painting, "Spider eating the Artist,"circa 1966. It is now in a private collection. WaHs