Sunday, August 31, 2008

Sand Tag # 2


The Story Behind The Painting – Sand Tag 2 - It has been a life-long dream of mine to paint.Sand Tag 1 and 2 come from a chapter of my past., where I used to play a lot on the beaches of Victoria’s Gonzales Bay as well as Courtenay’s Bates Beach.I have only recently realized how my past had impacted my present related to my drawing practices. I used to create large mazes on the sandy beaches using a long stick as a drawing tool in the sand. I would draw a maze so that as kids we could play a game of team tag where we ran in the drawn maze or puzzle and had to avoid the dead ends and confusion. I still love it and will continue to play sand tag. Sand Tag Patterns available on request! Often my canvas becomes a safe place to play “Sand Tag”!

No comments: